Established in 1971, the nonprofit Coalition for Clean Air (CCA) is California’s only statewide organization exclusively advocating for healthy air. CCA is dedicated to protecting public health, improving air quality, and preventing climate change.
CCA is known for spearheading innovative air quality policies, such as clean car standards and targeting climate protection funding investments in the communities that suffer the worst pollution and historic disinvestment.
With offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento, CCA achieves its goals by partnering and engaging with diverse stakeholders and through policy advocacy and public education activities.
Now hiring: Part-time Communications Manager (Remote or downtown Los Angeles)
- Part-time position
- Based in downtown Los Angeles with possibility of remote working
- Immediate hire
About Coalition for Clean Air
Established in 1971, the non-profit Coalition for Clean Air (CCA) is California’s only statewide organization exclusively advocating for healthful air. CCA is dedicated to protecting public health, improving air quality, and preventing climate change. CCA is known for spearheading innovative policies, such as clean car standards and targeting climate investments to the communities that suffer the worst pollution and historic disinvestment. With offices in
Los Angeles and Sacramento, CCA achieves its goals through policy advocacy, public education and partnering with diverse stakeholders.
About the Position
The Communications Manager is a part time, 20 hours per week position responsible for implementing CCA’s communications activities around our Clean Air Day initiative and promoting the widespread understanding of and active support for the organization’s mission, vision and work. Reporting to the Development Director, the Communications Manager works collaboratively with CCA’s staff and relevant board committees to implement CCA’s communications strategy to achieve our advocacy and fundraising goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Development Director communications activities as needed
- Coordinate communications efforts around California Clean Air Day. Related tasks include:
- Web site development and maintenance, including both back-end features and pubic facing graphical elements
- Content development as needed
- Coordinate and manage social media messaging
- Develop multimedia content to provide better engagement with our audiences
- Develop content and edit online and print communications
- Develop and maintain adherence to internal style guides
- Work closely with development staff on events-related communications
- Assist Development Director to develop segmented messaging to ensure active audience engagement
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field preferred
- Experience translating copy into easily understandable graphics
- Familiarity with graphic design programs such as Canva, Illustrator, Photoshop and others
- Familiarity with social media management tools such as Hootsuite, Repost, Tweetdeck, etc.
- Familiarity with Constant Contact or other email management software
- Exceptional writing, editing, presentation skills, and creative thinking abilities
- Good storyteller with the ability to translate program issues and results into compelling narratives and skills to customize communications for a variety of audiences and formats
- Commitment to CCA’s mission
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Hours may include evenings and weekends
Compensation: The salary range for this part-time position is $21,000 to $26,000 per year and includes eligibility for prorated benefits. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as up to a 3% match for retirement savings. All Los Angeles office staff are eligible for an annual public transit pass or reimbursement for the cost of using public transit to commute to and from work.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter in .pdf format to email@example.com, subject: Communications Manager. Position will remain open until filled.
Additional Information: Position is located in downtown Los Angeles. Remote working may be possible. The responsibilities listed here are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include nonessential or marginal duties that may be required. CCA reserves the right to modify or change the duties and essential functions of this job at any time. Nothing in this job announcement should be considered as an offer or guarantee of employment. CCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.