Established in 1971, the nonprofit Coalition for Clean Air (CCA) is California’s only statewide organization exclusively advocating for healthy air. CCA is dedicated to protecting public health, improving air quality, and preventing climate change.
CCA is known for spearheading innovative air quality policies, such as clean car standards and targeting climate protection funding investments in the communities that suffer the worst pollution and historic disinvestment.
With offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento, CCA achieves its goals by partnering and engaging with diverse stakeholders and through policy advocacy and public education activities.
Now hiring: Full-time Communications Manager (located in downtown Los Angeles)
- Full-time position
- Immediate hire
About the Position
The Communications Manager is a full time, 40 hours per week position responsible for implementing CCA’s communications activities. Reporting to the Development Director, the ideal Communications Manager will be well versed in graphic and web design.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Development Director communications activities as needed
- Coordinate communications efforts around California Clean Air Day. Related tasks include:
- Web site development
- Aesthetic improvements and updates
- Back-end (potential slight coding) user experience
- Integration with social media and email marketing
- Graphic design, including some multi-media development (i.e. videos)
- Coordinate and manage social media messaging
- Develop and maintain adherence to internal style guides
- Web site development
- Work closely with development staff on events-related communications
- Assist Development Director to develop segmented messaging
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Web development experience required, WordPress experience a MUST.
- Familiarity with graphic design programs (Canva, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience translating copy into easily understandable graphics
- Familiarity with social media management tools such as Hootsuite
- Familiarity with Constant Contact or other email management software
- Commitment to CCA’s mission
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $48,000 to $60,000 per year and includes eligibility for all benefits. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as up to a 3% match for retirement savings. All Los Angeles office staff are eligible for an annual public transit pass or reimbursement for the cost of using public transit to commute to and from work.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Communications Manager. Position will remain open until filled.
Additional Information: Position is located in downtown Los Angeles. Remote working may be possible. The responsibilities listed here are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include nonessential or marginal duties that may be required. CCA reserves the right to modify or change the duties and essential functions of this job at any time. Nothing in this job announcement should be considered as an offer or guarantee of employment. CCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Coalition for Clean Air
Established in 1971, the nonprofit Coalition for Clean Air (CCA) is California’s only statewide organization exclusively advocating for healthy air. CCA is known for spearheading innovative air quality policies, such as the Smog Check program, ban on toxic dry cleaning chemicals, and incentive funding for alternative fuels. CCA has offices in Sacramento and Los Angeles. CCA protects public health, improves air quality, and prevents climate change through policy advocacy, outreach, and educational activities.