Established in 1971, the nonprofit Coalition for Clean Air (CCA) is California’s only statewide organization exclusively advocating for healthy air. CCA is dedicated to protecting public health, improving air quality, and preventing climate change.
CCA is known for spearheading innovative air quality policies, such as clean car standards and targeting climate protection funding investments in the communities that suffer the worst pollution and historic disinvestment.
With offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento, CCA achieves its goals by partnering and engaging with diverse stakeholders and through policy advocacy and public education activities.
Summer Internship Opportunity
Downtown Los Angeles office
Are you bothered by the fact that 9 out of 10 Californian’s breathe air that violates Federal Clean Air Act standards? Does climate change burn you up? Do you think it’s unfair that people who live in poor neighborhoods are exposed to a toxic soup of dirty air on a daily basis?
Do you want to do something about it?
Interns at the Coalition for Clean Air (CCA) play a valuable role in our fight to restore clean, healthy air to California. Join our team of experienced professionals as we move the needle forward on policies that will save lives and improve the quality of life for Californians.
Interns will learn tactics around social media, email communications, donor relations and prospect research. Interning at CCA will give you real-world experience in the fast-moving communications and development fields in a fun, collegial atmosphere.
Our organization values creativity, collaboration, and standing up for the little guy. We are looking for someone with attention to detail, an inquisitive mind and excellent research skills. Interns are considered volunteers (school credit or unpaid) and must be available at least 16-20 hours per week. We are looking for a 10-week commitment.
In accordance with safety during COVID-19, this internship is virtual and remote.
Responsibilities may include:
- Help coordinate California Clean Air Day
- Translate complex ideas into easy to understand social media parts
- Research potential sponsors and donors
- Assist Development department in creating new and innovative fundraising initiatives
- Assist Development department in creating special thank you initiatives
- Researching psychographic and demographic information of target populations
- Draft correspondences, appeals, articles, and marketing materials
- Assist with database development and maintenance
- Organize marketing, communications and archival materials
- Assist with fundraising and donor cultivation events
Positions you will shadow:
- Director of Development
- Development and Events Manager
- Communications Manager
- Program Manager
- Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student
- Strong written and oral communication
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as to work in a team environment
- Commitment to the mission of the CCA
- Spanish speaking (oral and written) is a plus
Suggested majors that may benefit most from this internship:
- Marketing / Public Relations
- Political Science
- Environmental Studies
Contact: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Development Intern.
We do not currently have any open paid positions. Future vacancies will be posted on this site and on our Twitter.