Established in 1971, the nonprofit Coalition for Clean Air (CCA) is California’s only statewide organization exclusively advocating for healthy air. CCA is dedicated to protecting public health, improving air quality, and preventing climate change.
CCA is known for spearheading innovative air quality policies, such as clean car standards and targeting climate protection funding investments in the communities that suffer the worst pollution and historic disinvestment.
With offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento, CCA achieves its goals by partnering and engaging with diverse stakeholders and through policy advocacy and public education activities.
The CCA is currently looking for a website manager, details below.
Job opportunity: WORDPRESS DEVELOPER – BACKEND SPECIALIST/WEBSITE MANAGER
- Part-time average 16-hours per week position
- Based in downtown Los Angeles (in-office, hybrid or remote)
- Ability to start: November 2023 or later
- Reports to Development Director
The Coalition for Clean Air (CCA) is dedicated to protecting public health, improving air quality, and preventing climate change. With offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento, CCA achieves its goals through policy advocacy and public education, with a current annual operating budget of $1.7 million. For information about us and our work, go to www.ccair.org.
About the Position
The WordPress Developer – Backend Specialist/Website Manager (“Website Manager”) is a highly skilled WordPress Developer with a strong emphasis on PHP and backend development, including MySQL expertise. This role is integral to CCA operations, particularly in enhancing the efficiency of our web applications. If you’re passionate about web development, have a solid background in PHP and backend systems, and are experienced in building robust web applications, we encourage you to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and develop WordPress-based solutions.
- Leverage your extensive PHP and MySQL knowledge to architect and implement efficient backend functionalities.
- Seamlessly integrate Adobe Illustrator assets to enhance visual elements.
- Establish connections between web forms and Google Sheets for automated record-keeping.
- Optimize website performance with a focus on backend efficiency, ensuring a top-tier user experience.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex web-related issues.
- Stay updated on industry trends and emerging technologies, particularly in backend development.
- Demonstrate the ability to explain complex technical features to non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven experience as a WordPress Developer with a strong emphasis on PHP, MySQL, and backend development.
- Exceptional proficiency in PHP and MySQL for designing and implementing efficient backend systems.
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator (a plus).
- Strong grasp of web development principles and best practices, particularly in backend development.
- Experience integrating web forms with Google Sheets.
- Solid problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in version control systems (e.g., Git).
- In-depth knowledge of web security best practices.
- Familiarity with content delivery networks (CDNs).
- Understanding of web hosting and server configurations
- Basic database management skills (e.g., MySQL).
Compensation: Part-time non-exempt position that pays $26 to $29 per hour for an average of 16 hours per week. Benefits include sick time and up to a 3% match for retirement savings. All Los Angeles office staff are eligible for reimbursement of the cost of using public transit to commute to and from work. The responsibilities listed here are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include additional activities that may be assigned.
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Website Manager Position. CCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, equity, and inclusion. This position will remain open until filled.
(Last modification October 17, 2023.)