About the project
The Community Air Protection Project aims to increase awareness of local air quality problems and empower communities to reduce air pollution and protect their health. The project, funded by a grant from the California Air Resources Board from 2020-2022, fights for environmental justice in disadvantaged communities disproportionately exposed to air pollution.
Who we are
A coalition of nonprofits and community organizations, comprised of the Coalition for Clean Air, Coalition for a Safe Environment, Comite Pro Uno, the Del Amo Action Committee, and Pacoima Beautiful.
- Targeted outreach to engage community members
- Truck count studies to measure air pollution from freight
- Installing low-cost air quality sensors
- Community health assessment surveys
- Health fairs planned and organized by our community-based organization partners
Get Involved & Stay updated
To find out how you can participate in this project please contact the partner organization serving your community.
- Del Amo: Del Amo Action Committee (email@example.com)
- Pacoima: Pacoima Beautiful (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Southeast Los Angeles: Comité Pro Uno (email@example.com)
- Wilmington-Carson-West Long Beach: Coalition for a Safe Environment (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For general information about this project, please email the Coalition for Clean Air’s Program Manager, Dr. Jennifer Lentz at email@example.com