Support SB 100, the 100 Percent Clean Energy Act of 2017
Raise your voice for California to lead the way on climate and clean energy! Join with us and call on your lawmakers to pass SB 100, a huge leap forward towards our clean energy future. SB 100 would set the bold but achievable goal of powering California with 100% clean, carbon-free electricity by 2045, creating jobs and improving health and well-being in communities statewide.
• SB 100 by Senator Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles) puts California on the path to 100 percent carbon-free electricity by 2045, with a firm requirement of 60% renewable power by 2030.
• SB 100 is on the Assembly floor where it faces a do-or-die vote in the coming days but must overcome powerful opposition from fossil-fuel-energy companies.
• Fossil-fired electricity generates greenhouse gases, which cause climate change, as well as air pollution that harms our health.
• Climate change is contributing to California’s wildfire season that grows longer and more intense with each year, record-breaking heat waves, droughts and rising sea levels.
• Reaching 100 percent carbon-free energy is a bold but achievable and necessary goal.
• Contact your representative in the state Assembly and urge them to support SB 100!
One thought on “ACTION ALERT”
I support SB 100 to get California on the path to 100 percent carbon-free electricity by 2045, with a firm requirement of 60% renewable power by 2030. California, and other states , as well as other nations, are experiencing the devastating effects of global warming from fossil fuels. California needs to set an example for the rest of the country to follow.